Don’t wait to update your BBM Messenger with the latest release, out today. All you need is photo of yourself, and our new BBMoji will provide a selection of fun, cartoon stickers of YOU that you can add to your chats. We’ve been having all kinds of fun testing this great new feature, so you should try it too!
We’ve also added more ways to interact with your contacts on Timeline, and we continue to refine Groups with a handful of media improvements. We’ve also added some new (darker) background colors for your chats, sticker management options, and features for sharing content with multiple contacts at once.
Create Your Own Personalized Stickers and Animated Emoticons with BBMoji
BBM Messenger is home to thousands of static and animated stickers. Now, you can be part of this virtual world with BBMoji, which turns a picture of your face into expressive and funny stickers. With the latest release of BBM, you can create your own personal funny cartoons and animated emoticons in just a few taps. Choose from a wide repertoire of expressions that match your moods, and share the resulting stickers as you chat with your friends on BBM.
Click here for step-by-step instructions for creating your BBMoji account and animated stickers.
Android: Show Off Your Photos on Timeline with New Album Tab
The latest BBM Messenger release gives you a new way to share your photos: the new Album tab. Take a look at your BBM Messenger profile to see it. Your Album collects all of the photos you’ve shared on BBM Timeline in one place—and is visible to everyone on your contact list. To share your Timeline, About, Posts and Albums with people beyond your contact list, set your Timeline to Public.
Improved Photo and Video Sharing in Groups
We just keep making Groups better! We released a bunch of new features in the last release. This time, we’ve also included several improvements to photo and video sharing in Groups—making it behave like video sharing in 1:1 and multi-person chats for a more consistent experience.
Key improvements include:
- Swipe capability for videos—Now you can swipe left and right to scroll through videos as well as pictures.
- View videos in a Group’s Media—Found under Media in a Group’s Profile, this feature that collects all a group’s shared photos in one place now also includes videos.
- Delete button—You can delete any videos from the video viewer in Media by tapping the Delete menu item (on Android) or tapping the trash icon (on iOS).
Plus, More for Customization and Sharing
This release also includes a number of other improvements to make BBM Messenger more customizable, more social and easier to use. Upgrade today and you’ll find there’s a wider selection of new dark color options for your chat backgrounds.
We also created new sticker management options so you can delete sticker packs you don’t use anymore—saving space and making it easier to find the stickers you often use. From the Stickers tab, simply tap the gear icon, then Edit, and Delete.
Now you can also share PDF files from within and outside BBM Messenger on iOS devices. And a long press on a large message in Groups—or a picture in a 1:1, multi-person or Group chat—allows you to copy, forward or retract the message. It’s a handy shortcut for faster, easier sharing.
Android users will enjoy better video quality post-compression on any videos that have been compressed to for sending.
Plus, new share and forward options make it easy to share messages, feed posts, photos and videos with multiple contacts at once.
- To Forward a Message, long press on the message, select Forward, and choose recipients from your Contact list.
- To Broadcast a Message, compose the message, select the “+” and choose recipients from your Contact list.
- To Share a Feed Post from a Channel, select Share on the post, then choose recipients from your Contact list.
- To Share a Photo, select an image or video from your device’s Gallery, select Share and then BBM, and choose recipients from your Contact list.
Don’t forget to upgrade today via Google Play or the App Store so you can enjoy all these improvements. Stay tuned for the next batch, due out soon. We never stop working to ensure that BBM Messenger remains your favorite mobile app for chatting, shopping, gaming, keeping up on sports, news and more!